I had no idea this was airing last night... but when I was checking to see if any NBC shows besides Parenthood were starting back up (they weren't) I saw the People's Choice Awards on the guide, and decided "Why not?" I love awards shows, I had already worked out and cooked dinner... so I deserved to sit down.
Now, I try not to be too negative on my blog... but I have to say: this was the worst piece of crap awards show I've ever watched. And here's why...
- So the show started... and Queen Latifah ran down the aisles followed by dancers singing a big hit song and yelling "Make Some Noise!" It was trying way too hard... not to mention it was super annoying.
- Next up: Jennifer Aniston's boobs (outlined with gold chains). She sounded drunk, or just couldn't read the teleprompter, or something. It was really bad for the first presentation of the night.
- Whoever thought it was a good idea for Mila Kunis to talk about how there's nothing better than "waking up with someone to laugh with" a day after the public learned of her pending split is dumb. It was depressing, she looked like she was going to cry. And the category was "talk shows"... not morning talk shows. Conan won. And I don't know anyone waking up with Conan.
- Technical difficulties aren't acceptable. The microphones went out... showing CBS can't do anything right. Queen Latifah covered it up nicely... and maybe it was staged. But it wasn't funny.
- Kristen Stewart was awkward. Really the whole Twilight crew was. It was strange.
- Selena Gomez was the musical guest start. Taylor Swift and Katy Perry were sitting right there. Bad, bad choice.
- Also, I hate any awards show that doesn't symmetrically give out awards. I know that's picky, but when you give "best female artist" or "best female actress" I want to know who won "best male..."
- And the whole thing was a bad commercial for this or that... I can't hold it against them (they need to make money somehow), but it didn't have to be so classless.
One cool thing: Instead of using paper ballots, they used smart phones. It was a cool, unique twist to the standard operations.
- For fashion of the night go here. My favorite outfit was actually Kim Kardashian's (although her and Khloe were pulling up their strapless gowns all night):
- And Neil Patrick Harris mocked Queen Latifah, which was awesome. Go here.
- And for results... go here.
I can't wait for the next, better, awards show.