|National Vegetarian Week (NVW), sponsored by Cauldron Foods, is the UK’s annual awareness-raising campaign promoting inspirational vegetarian food and the benefits of a meat-free lifestyle.|
Although I'm not in the UK, I'm still partial to Vegetarian Cuisine (especially after crossing Vegetarian Month off my 2011 To-Do List), and I think it's a great cause to promote. If you head over to National Vegetarian Week's official webpage, you'll have access to tons of recipes, resources and activity listings. The organization is giving out tips for how businesses, school and local groups can get involved, like...
- Run promotions on Vegetarian items at your store
- Profile Vegetarian recipes and meals through in-store publications
- Organize team building activities, like a Veggie Pot Luck lunch
- Hold a "veggie taste test" and vote on your favorite vegetables
- Watch informational YouTube videos about Vegetarianism
- Hold a Vegetarian art competition
- Wear NVW t-shirts to promote the week
The recipe section is amazing to look through, too. I think the Sweet Potato burger looks the best.
If you're interested in finding out more about National Vegetarian Week, stop by their website. It's full of good information.