|Sun||Football Night in America||NBC Sunday Night Football|
|Mon||The Sing-Off||The Playboy Club|
|Tue||The Biggest Loser||Parenthood|
|Wed||Up All Night||Free Agents||Harry's Law||Law & Order: SVU|
|Thu||Community||Parks and Recreation||The Office||Whitney||Prime Suspect|
I'm most excited about Thursday night! Community, Parks & Rec, and The Office are all back!!! We lost Outsourced and Perfect Couples, and 30 Rock is coming back mid-season because of Tina Fey's pregnancy. Chuck gets the death Friday night spot (because it's done after this season officially.... though in my opinion it shouldn't have been renewed at all...)... and Parenthood is my mid-week enjoyment.
So what about these other shows?? Biggest Loser, Harry's Law, Law & Order: SVU, and Dateline have all been here before (though I don't watch them). The Sing-Off moved from its winter filler position to a legit show (risky move there!) and then there are the new ones...
- Free Agents - classic divorcee hooks up with recently dumped co-worker, then they try to continue working together. Moving on...
- Playboy Club - NBC's answer to Mad Men. It may be fun, but I'm going to wait for some ratings.
- Whitney - This is NBC's pick for replacing the lost Thursday night "comedy night done right"??? Massive FAIL. There's even a laugh track. Definitely moving on...
- Prime Suspect - Two words: Crime. Drama. One word: Next.
- Up All Night - Will Arnett, Christina Applegate, and Maya Rudolph. Enough said, it's going on the DVR.
- Grimm - Ok, the description of this show is too bad to not copy word for word then endlessly mock:
"Grimm" is a new fantasy drama series inspired by the classic Grimm's Fairy Tales. Detective Nick Burkhardt (David Guintoli, "Turn the Beat Around") is a homicide cop who finds out he is a descendant of an elite group of hunts, known as "Grimms." The Grimms fight to keep humanity safe from supernatural creatures.
Also coming to NBC is the sitcom "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" based off of Chelsea Handler's book of the same name (which I l-o-v-e-d!) It stars Laura Prepon (from That 70s Show). Here's the trailer:
I think I may have to break my "no laugh tracks" for that show only because I love Chelsea Handler so much, I'll pretty much do anything she tells me to.
So that's my insight into NBC's Fall schedule. There's even more shows they've added to their new line up, all of which you can check out here.