Seriously. They were incredible. I ate mine with salsa & avocado on top. C did his up with Maple syrup. Either way is good. And it was so simple to make!
Fresh Corn Pancakes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup corn, about 1 ear
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the milk, eggs and butter in another bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients making sure to not over mix.
- Mix in the corn and cheese.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt a touch of butter in it.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.