This weekend, I went home to celebrate one of our family's most fun traditions... Wurstfest. It was a fun-filled, fast-paced weekend of running around with family and friends. My mom kept count... we had 27 family members present at Wurstfest. Which isn't too shabby for a non-organized meet up. I had lots of fun & loved getting to catch up with some of my cousins I don't see too often.
Enough of that... here's my 10 favorite things about my weekend...
1) My weekend started on Thursday... four day weekend!!! Can't beat that.
2) I had a play date at the park with my 2 year old nephew Danzig
3) I finished Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And other conversations) - definitely watch for a review later this week
4) I had the best pork sandwich of my life and became mayor (on Foursquare) at the New Braunfels Farmer's Market.
5) I got to spend lots of time with my mom
6) We lit a fire & had friends over late into the night
7) We ate the biggest pretzel you'll ever see
8) Sushi date with C... being stared at by a creepy Asian cat, which I tweeted about
9) Watching kid's eyes light up at the sight of a carnival
10) Talking with my grandpa & my brother -- two guys I don't get to see often enough
I'm just in love with my family & feel so blessed that I had the opportunity to spend time with them.
Now it's on to a crazy week! Because of vacations and training, I've only been at my desk 4 of the last 10 business days & the paper has started to pile! So it's going to be super fun, busy week, complete with a Thanksgiving pot luck at work this Thursday, which I'm co-planning. I'm excited!!
Have a wonderful Monday ♥