I didn't get out of my pajamas the entire weekend. Not an exaggeration, I promise. I almost wish it was. But, when you're left home alone because your husband decides it's time for a guy's weekend, what is there to do?
In actuality, I blew off a party because I was so comfortable at home. It isn't often that I have 2 whole days to do anything I want. And what I wanted was margaritas, nachos and the Kardashians. I will admit it to the world: I watched the entire season 4 of Keeping Up With the Kardashians this weekend... it came out on Netflix Instant watch in perfect time.
I did do something this weekend, I promise. I finished our Christmas decorating. We went small(ish) with a real tree this year. It's a perfect 3 foot table topper, and makes the entire apartment smell wonderfully fresh. Believe it or not, this is only my third time to have a real tree in my life. So I'm abnormally excited about it.
I also tried to decorate the outside of our apartment, but since our porch is so small it's a bit of a challenge... but I triumphed with garland, old Christmas ornaments & twinkle lights. And a fresh wreath - which we bought from the tree farm after taking our Christmas pictures - tops off the entire winter wonderland that I call home.
I also took the time to do some awesome baking & crafts... which I'll be talking about throughout the week. Because Christmas isn't complete without baking!
Here's my 10 favorite things about the weekend...
- Sleeping in. Who doesn't love that?
- Watching Meet Me in St. Lois. Such a magical movie.
- Being creative.
- Trying out new recipes.
- Staying cooped up inside, warm & cozy.
- Buying the Glee Christmas albums, from last year & this. (So fun!)
- Playing said albums - along with all our other Christmas music - on repeat all weekend.
- Staring at the lit up Christmas tree. So beautiful!
- Getting to catch up on "me" time.
- Welcoming my guy home. So nice to not sleep alone!!
So now that I'm all rested up, it's onward to quite a busy week. Less than 2 weeks to go until Christmas!! And I haven't bought a single present yet. Gasp!