Something I really want to focus on over the next year is one of the biggest areas of my everyday life.
While last year I wrote here and there about some ins and out of being married, I never really breached the surface. And I want to change that. Since my marriage - and family - are such a pertinent aspect of my personal life, it's only fitting I make it a bigger part of my blog. And even though I'm still trying to figure what I'm going to write about, be ready to see my take (and hopefully other blogger's takes) on being married.
My first leap into this realm is talking about how my relationship began. I'm going to get more in depth in the future, but here's a few things about my marriage that you may not know:
- I met my guy standing in the lunch line in high school. His version of the story is that I butted into a conversation he was having, and he apparently decided he didn't like me.
- I had my first kiss when I was 17 the day before my Senior year of high school began. And you can read that story here ♥
- I asked my guy to marry me the night of our high school graduation - Boy Meets World style. He said no.
- We ended up going to the same town for college, but we both made our decisions separately. Fate's a funny thing.
- After our first year of college, my guy dumped me & I finally learned what all those break up songs meant.
- After 9 months of being broken up, I won my guy's heart back by dressing up as Pam from The Office for Halloween.
- My marriage proposal was a complete surprise and came a year before I was expecting.
- A bottle of wine, my father's insistence, and an offer we couldn't refuse resulted in me getting married before I graduated college- something I swore I'd never do.
- I quickly learned how much more work marriage is than dating while I tried to juggle it with my Senior year of college.
- I finally was able to accept, acknowledge and take responsibility for the fact that I am a complete & utter slob, thanks to my guy's
Get ready! ♥