10 Things // 29
Monday, February 11, 2013
1) My poor, dear husband - who hasn't had a car with working A/C in Texas since high school - finally has a car that not only runs, but has nice cool A/C. So happy for him ♥
2) Getting the car meant driving to San Antonio to pick it up. So off into the sunset we drove Friday afternoon, and proceeded to have one of the best car rides ever thanks to an awesome mix tape Christian put together for me. / ps: other mix tapes he's made /
3) Meanwhile, my best friend got kicked out of Canada and suprised us with a 3-month+ "vacation" back to Texas. So on Saturday, we made the short hop up to her neck of the woods, and proceeded to talk non-stop for about 12 hours.
4) It's so great to see Meredith that it deserves its own point. // ps: last time I saw her TWO YEARS ago //
5) Also, Texas hill country is so beautiful in the foggy mist. It's something everyone should experience at least once.
6) I broke my Whole 30 a few days early so that I could share some wine with Meredith. Totally worth it. And oh so good!
7) We spent Sunday in Austin, walking the streets and seeing Amour. We've now officially seen all 10 Oscar Best Picture nominees from this year. (Look for my review of them all soon!)
8) After Amour we discovered an "all you can order" tapas brunch with bottomless mimosas and sangria. So I officially celebrated the end of Whole 30 doing my favorite thing: brunch with mimosas.
9) Luckily, we had a chance to meet up with our friends Ben & Emily and proceeded to wreck havoc on all of South Congress.
10) Sadly, the weekend had to end. So we packed up our two cars, and drove back to Bryan late into the night.
It was such a great weekend. Now back to Monday!